This feature provides Quickpass technicians with the flexibility of enabling or disabling the Self-Serve Password reset system and associated notifications at the tenant level and more granularly on a per end-user basis. This allows the control of whether or not self-serve will be authorized for end-users and also to allow for more flexible planning and roll out of the Quickpass self-serve system to new customers.
- Quickpass Tenant is enabled with either the Q Desk or Bundle Subscription
- Customers are already created on the Quickpass Dashboard
ConnectWise Manage Import
- Technician Login Role has permission to modify the settings for the Customer End Users
- The Super or Primary will be able to modify the options on the Settings Page
- All roles will be able to modify the options for the End Users
Activation of Notifications and Self-Serve
- Notifications and Self-Serve will only be activated once the End User's email AND mobile number are populated on the dashboard.
- The Email and Phone number may be imported directly from the Directory Source.
- Any values that are not imported from the Directory Source can be manually entered by the MSP by clicking the appropriate space in the column for that End User
- If the MSP does not know, or wants the End User to confirm the Mobile number, they can send the Welcome Email to the End User to have that data populated.
- If the End User's account has been imported and both the phone number and email address are populated the QP Status column will show with "Registration Complete"
- If the End User has signed into the Mobile or Web App at least once, the QP Status column will show "Accessed Self-Serve".
- An End User account that is imported into the Dashboard from any Directory Source (Local, Active Directory, or O365/Azure) will begin receiving notifications of their password expiration starting 10 days prior to the password expiration date (if the Quickpass Status is Registration Complete or Accessed Self-Serve)
- An End User will be notified every day until their password expires if they ignore these notifications.
- An End User will be notified the day their password expires.
- An End User will be notified if their account gets locked.
- An End User can setup the Mobile App or Web Application to reset or unlock their account
Tenant wide (Global Override)
To disable the Notifications and Self-Serve options for ALL of the customers in the Tenant.
- Click on Settings
- Find the section called "Self-Serve Password Reset"
- Turn the toggle Switch OFF to disable Notifications and Self-Serve for the End Users
- If the End User Self-Serve Toggle Switch (discussed later in this article) is turned ON, this Tenant wide setting will override that.
- Leaving this Toggle Switch ON will allow the MSP to configure the Self-Serve option per End User
Manual Import/Previously Imported End User Accounts
Accounts that are manually imported or that were previously imported can have the Notifications/Self-Serve option enabled or disabled as the MSP desires.
- After the account is imported to the Dashboard
- Turn on/off the Toggle Switch under the Self-Serve Column to Allow/Disallow the End User to receive Notifications and Use the Self-Serve options. (Default is Disallow)
- This can be done in bulk by selecting the check boxes beside individual or multiple End User accounts and then selecting the Enable/Disable Self-Serve Header links.
NOTE: If these toggle switches are Greyed out, it means that the Global Override is set to disable the Notifications and Self-Serve. A Primary or Super Login role will have to enable that to allow this to be configured per customer.
Automatic Import of End User Accounts
Please review the Automatic Import Articles here
Automatic Import of AD Accounts Linked to O365
Automatic Import of AD Accounts not Linked to O365
Automatic Import of O365/Azure Only Accounts
During the import process the Toggle Switch can be selected to import the End User Accounts with the desired option.
- This screen will appear
IT Glue Hudu Quickpass Password Manager
- Turn ON the Enable Self Serve if you want the End User to get Notifications and be able to log into the Mobile/Web App.
NOTE: This behaviour has changed as of 6/13/2022 - the original option was to automatically allow End Users to have Notifications and Self-Serve options turned on. Now this must be turned on at the time of import in order to allow this feature. Any accounts that were imported prior to the implementation of this Feature were configured with this toggle switch ON.
Please sign in to leave a comment.