- This article assumes the users are already imported into Quickpass. If not follow this article first. https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035207914-How-to-Import-Users-into-Web-Admin-Console
- Important: To ensure no emails from Quickpass get marked as spam add the domain getquickpass.com and quickpassnotifications.com to your customer spam filter white lists. Although Quickpass has setup necessary SPF and DKIM records for its automated emails there is still a chance some spam filters may identity our welcome emails as bulk or spam. Add our domain to customer spam filter white lists ensures none of our emails gets marked as spam.
1. Click the Customer you wish to on-board users in the Customer screen.
2. Make sure the End-User Accounts menu is selected on the left hand side.
3. Make sure their is an email address entered for the user. You can also select multiple users to send the welcome email to at the same time. If you are on-boarding a self-serve web app user then click the Web User toggle switch.
Send welcome email to the end user by clicking the three vertical dots on the right hand side then selecting Send Welcome Email.
Note: After you send the welcome email for a user(s) the QP Status for the user will show Welcome e-mail sent. You will notice there is no mobile number showing at this time for the end user. This will appear after the user has registered their mobile number after they receive the welcome email.
5. The users will now receive a welcome email from Quickpass with links to register their mobile number used to receive temporary passphrase codes and the link to the self-serve web app URL.
Click the link in the email to Register Mobile Phone Number to register the end user mobile number used to send temporary passphrase codes.
6. The end user must select their country on the left hand side to apply the correct dialing prefix for their mobile phone then enter their mobile number included area code. After entering the mobile number click send to submit the number to Quickpass.
7. The end user will receive a one time 2FA code as an SMS message on their mobile phone and will need to type the code from the SMS code and click Verify when done.
Note: When verifying mobile phone numbers we use one time 2FA numbered codes. But when logging into the self-serve web app we use temporary passphrase codes instead for increased security.
8. The code will be verified and the end user will get a confirmation that their Phone number has been verified.
Note: The Quickpass Administrator will now notice that the end users mobile phone number will show in the Quickpass web admin console.
9. The end user can now click the web app to login for the first time from the welcome email.
10. At the self-serve web site enter the email address associated with your Quickpass account in the box provided and click Get Started when done.
11. In the following screen the web app will show you the last four digits of the mobile number your account is registered with to send temporary passphrase codes. Click the Send button to receive the temporary passphrase code.. For security purposes the full phone number is not exposed.
12. You will receive the temporary passphrase code via SMS on your mobile phone and you can either copy the passphrase code from iMessage in iOS or from Messages in Android and paste the passphrase code in the Enter Temporary Passphrase Code box provided. Alternative, you can type the passphrase code in. Once complete click Verify.
13. Once the temporary passphrase is verified you will be logged into the web app and can reset your password.
- How to reset your password and unlock your account using the web app https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036208693-How-to-reset-passwords-and-unlock-accounts-using-self-serve-web-app