1. Click the link in the email named Register Mobile Phone Number to register your mobile number used for 2 form factor authentication.
2. Select your country on the left hand side to apply the correct dialing prefix for your mobile phone then enter your mobile number including area code. After entering the mobile number click send to submit the number to Quickpass.
3. You will receive the 2FA code as an SMS message on your mobile phone and will need to type the code from the SMS message and click Verify when done.
4. The code will be verified and you will get a confirmation that your Phone number has been verified.
5. In the welcome e-mail you can click the web site for the self-serve web app to test that you can now login.
Note: Make sure to bookmark this web site so that you can use it when you need to reset your password or unlock your account.
6. At the self-serve web site enter the email address associated with your Quickpass account in the box provided and click Get Started when done.
7. In the following screen the web app will show you the last four digits of the mobile number your account is registered with to send temporary passphrase codes. Click the Send button to receive the temporary passphrase code. For security purposes the full phone number is not exposed.
8. You will receive the temporary passphrase code via SMS on your mobile phone and you can either copy the passphrase code from iMessage in iOS or from Messages in Android and paste the passphrase code in the Enter Temporary Passphrase Code box provided. Alternative, you can type the passphrase code in. Once complete click Verify.
9. You are now logged into the Quickpass web app and can reset your password.