- Local Account(s) imported into Quickpass - https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060705934-How-to-Import-Local-Accounts
- Hudu Computer Assets are created and named with the same computer name associated with the Local Accounts you wish to create Computer Assets Account Passwords for.
1. In the Quickpass dashboard navigate to the menu, End-User/Administrator/Service Accounts menu, of the customer you imported the local account(s) for that you wish to create Hudu Computer Asset Account password entries for.
Then click the Match Accounts button in the top right of the screen.
2. In the Match Accounts screen locate the local account(s) you wish to create an Asset Account password entry for in Hudu.
Then click the check box to the right of the local account or click the All link at the top of the checkbox column to select all accounts not already matched to an Hudu password entry.
- To identity local accounts you will see the Computer Name populated as well as the green dot under the Local Account icon heading.
- It is possible to create Hudu password entries for all account types at the same time. For example, some accounts in Quickpass could be Active Directory, Office 365 and/or Local Accounts.
3. Click the Add button when done to complete the operation.
The Hudu password entries will now be created.
4. Go to Hudu and navigate to the Computer Asset for the server/workstation that is associated with the local account.
5. Go to the Passwords section within the Asset.
You will notice an Account password entry titled "Computer_Name - Local_Account_Display_Name"
- When you expand the Account password you will see the username for the local account and in the notes will show "Created by Quickpass"
- Q: What happens if there is no Hudu Computer Asset or if none that has a matching name to the local account computer name?
- A: Quickpass will create a general password entry using the same naming convention of "Computer_Name - Local_Account_Display_Name" with the category "Local Account". Thus, you should still be able to identity the password entry of the local account by the title.
- Q: Can I link a general password entry to an Hudu Asset after it was created?
- A: Yes, if you open the Password after the general password entry was created you can click Edit and then click the PARENT and then search by the name of the Asset entry for the local account and select Choose and then click Update.
- Q: What happens to the Asset Account password when I delete the Hudu Asset?
- A: When you delete the Hudu Asset the passwords will remain on the Passwords list, but will no longer show the Asset it was linked to under the Account Name.