- Local Account(s) imported into Quickpass How to Import Local Accounts – Quickpass Software (getquickpass.com)
- IT Glue configurations created and named with the same computer name associated with the Local Accounts you wish to create IT Glue embedded passwords for.
- Note: Typically the IT Glue configurations are synched from your RMM system workstation and server assets into IT Glue.
1. In the Quickpass dashboard navigate to the menu, End-User/Administrator/Service Accounts menu, of the customer you imported the local account(s) for that you wish to create IT Glue embedded password entries for.
Then click the Match Accounts button in the top right of the screen.
2. In the Match Accounts screen locate the local account(s) you wish to create an embedded password entry for in IT Glue.
Then click the check box to the right of the local account or click the All link at the top of the checkbox column to select all accounts not already matched to an IT Glue password entry.
- To identity local accounts you will see the Computer Name populated as well as the green dot under the Local Account icon heading.
- It is possible to create IT Glue password entries for all account types at the same time. For example, some accounts in Quickpass could be Active Directory, Office 365 and/or Local Accounts.
3. Click the Add button when done to complete the operation.
The IT Glue password entries will now be created.
4. Go to IT Glue and navigate to the configuration for the server/workstation that is associated with the local account.
5. Go to the Embedded Passwords section within the configuration.
You will notice an embedded password entry titled "Computer_Name - Local_Account_Display_Name"
- When you expand the embedded password you will see the username for the local account and in the notes will show "Created by Quickpass"
- If you go to the general Passwords menu in IT Glue and search for the embedded password entry you will notice it has Type "Embedded" and Category "Local Account"
- Q: What happens if there is no IT Glue configurations or if none that has a matching name to the local account computer name?
- A: Quickpass will create a general password entry using the same naming convention of "Computer_Name - Local_Account_Display_Name" with the category "Local Account". Thus, you should still be able to identity the password entry of the local account by the title.
- Q: Can I link a general password entry to an IT Glue configuration after it was created.
- A: Yes, if you open the IT Glue configuration after the general password entry was created you can click "Add Related Item" and then search by the name of the password entry for the local account and select the result.
- Q: What happens to the embedded password when I delete the IT Glue configuration?
- A: When you delete the IT Glue configuration you will also delete any embedded passwords associated with it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.