- Ensure you have followed the IT Glue Integration Setup Guide https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035649393-IT-Glue-Integration-Setup-Guide
- Ensure you have existing IT Glue password entries for the admin passwords you wish to rotate.
Import Admin Users
1. As a Quickpass Administrator, log in to Quickpass and select the Customer you wish to setup auto password rotation > Admin Users
2. Click the Import Users button in the top right hand corner to import Admin users from Active Directory.
3. Select the Active Directory Organizational Unit (OU) that contains the Admin Users you wish to import.
4. Select one or more Admin users you wish to import, click the Admin toggle switch on the right hand side then click Add button when you are done.
5. The newly imported admin users will now appear in the Admin Users menu.
Set Auto Rotation Default Settings
1. Click the Auto Rotate Settings button in the lower left hand corner of the Admin Users screen.
2. Select the customers time zone, time, default number of days and password length for Auto password rotation. Then click Save.
- After the default Auto Rotate Settings are set for a given customer in Quickpass these settings will be applied automatically to every admin user that Auto Rotation is enabled for. These settings can be changed at any time after being initially set. The time zone and time are global for the customer while the Days is customizable on a per account basis.
- The Password length can be set to as low as the password policy specifies for the default domain policy with the exception if the password policy is set to never expire or less than 7 characters. The maximum number of characters that can be specified is 30.
Connect Admin Users to IT Glue Password Entry
1. Click Connect Users button to connect an Active Directory admin user with an IT Glue password entry.
2. Identify the IT Glue Password entries on the left hand side then drag the appropriate one to the corresponding Quickpass Admin User on the right hand side and release to complete matching. Repeat same steps for all IT Glue password entries you want to match with Quickpass admin users.
Note: Use the search boxes to filter the list of IT Glue password entries and/or Quickpass Admin users lists.
3. When done connecting IT Glue password entries to Quickpass Admin Users click the Back to User List link on the top left hand corner.
Back in the Admin Users screen you will now notice an IT Glue logo in the Integrations column and the Status shown as Active.
Enable Auto Rotation
1. In the Admin Users screen click the Auto Rotate toggle switch beside the Admin User you wish to auto rotate the password for.
The Frequency column will fill in with the default number of days from the Auto Rotate Settings and the date of the next auto password rotation will show in the Next Column. The Last column at this time will be blank until the first auto password rotation takes place.
The exact time for the auto password rotation will be taken from the Auto Rotate settings previously setup.
Alternatively you also have the option to Enable Auto Rotate for all accounts at once. To do this select either use the select all check box or individually select all the Admin user accounts you wish to enable auto rotation for.
Once Complete all the admin accounts you selected to be enabled for auto password rotation have been activated.
2. To change the frequency for the auto password rotation for an individual account that is different from the default number of days set in the Auto Rotate Settings screen click the number in the Frequency column and you can increase or decrease as desired using the up and down arrows.
- After a password is rotated by Quickpass the password entry in IT Glue will automatically be updated.
- Quickpass resets passwords to a new randomly generated password using complexity and the length of characters specified in the Auto Rotate settings for the customer.
- IT Glue will show the audit history of all Password changes including the date, time and by who as well as being able to see the previous passwords which you can refer back to as needed.