- This article assumes the users are already imported into Quickpass. If not follow this article first. https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035207914-How-to-Import-Users-into-Web-Admin-Console
- Important: To ensure no emails from Quickpass get marked as spam add the domain getquickpass.com and quickpassnotifications.com to your customer spam filter white lists. Although Quickpass has setup necessary SPF and DKIM records for its automated emails there is still a chance some spam filters may identity our welcome emails as bulk or spam. Add our domain to customer spam filter white lists ensures none of our emails gets marked as spam.
1. Click the Customer you wish to on-board users in the Customer screen.
2. Click the End-User Accounts menu is selected on the left hand side.
3. Make sure their is an email address entered for the user. You can also select multiple users to send the welcome email to at the same time. If you are on-boarding a mobile app user then do not click the Web User toggle switch.
Send welcome email to the end user by clicking the three vertical dots on the right hand side then selecting Send Welcome Email.
Note: After you send the welcome email for a user(s) the QP Status for the user will show Welcome e-mail sent. You will notice there is no mobile number showing at this time for the end user. This will appear after the user has registered their mobile number after they receive the welcome email.
4. The users will now receive a welcome email from Quickpass with links to register their mobile number used to receive temporary passphrase codes and download the mobile apps from the iOS from the Apple App Store and Android from the Google Play Store.
Click the link in the email to Register Mobile Phone Number to register the end user mobile number used to send temporary passphrase codes.
5. The end user must select their country on the left hand side to apply the correct dialing prefix for their mobile phone then enter their mobile number included area code. After entering the mobile number click send to submit the number to Quickpass.
6. The end user will receive a one time 2FA code as an SMS message on their mobile phone and will need to type the code from the SMS code and click Verify when done.
Note: When verifying mobile phone numbers we use one time 2FA numbered codes. But when logging into the mobile app for the first time we use temporary passphrase codes instead for increased security.
7. The code will be verified and the end user will get a confirmation that their Phone number has been verified.
Note: The Quickpass Administrator will now notice that the end users mobile phone number will show in the Quickpass web admin console.
8. The end user can now download the app from either the iOS app store or Android play store using the links from Verification screen. Alternatively, they can refer back to the welcome email for the app store links.
9. Download the Quickpass mobile app from the App Store
10. Once the app is downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store open it from your home screen.
11. When you initially open the app click Allow to accept receiving notifications on your phone from Quickpass.
Note: This is an important point as if the end user clicks "Don't Allow" then they won't receive notifications about their password expiring or being locked.
12. Type in the email address associated with the account you would like to setup in the box provided and select the Region. Your region will be included at the bottom of the welcome email you were sent.
Once done click the Get Started button.
13. In the following screen the mobile app will show you the last four digits of the mobile number your account is registered with to send temporary passphrase codes. Click the Send button to receive the temporary passphrase code.
14. You will receive the temporary passphrase code via SMS on your mobile phone and you can either copy the passphrase code from iMessage in iOS or from Messages in Android and paste the passphrase code in the Enter Temporary Passphrase Code box provided. Alternative, you can type the passphrase code in. Once complete click GET STARTED.
15. You are now logged into the Quickpass app.
16. The second time you open the Quickpass app you will be prompted to allow Quickpass to use Face ID or Touch ID (depending on which iPhone model you have). Select OK to enable and you will then be taken into the app. On Android only Fingerprint authentication is supported.
Note: If biometrics are disabled on your iPhone or Android device you will be required to use the Passcode on your iPhone or Passcode/Pattern on Android. If neither are enabled on the device you won't be able to get into the app after the initial login until you enable at least a passcode.