This article is designed for those MSP Partners who have an On Premise/Self-Hosted version of Hudu and are having challenges with getting the Integration to connect.
- MSP Partner has Hudu On-Premise (self hosted)
- MSP Partner wants to Integrate with Quickpass to store passwords.
- Ensure that you have followed all instructions from Hudu on implementing the On Premise version of Hudu https://support.usehudu.com/hc/en-us/articles/8399435226263-Getting-Started-With-Hudu-Self-Hosted
- If you are using a 3rd Party SSL Certificate, ensure that you have followed all instructions from Hudu on how to implement the certificate: https://support.usehudu.com/hc/en-us/articles/8507469742487-Custom-SSL-Certificate-Guide
- One of our MSP Partners (Heartland Business Systems) has provided these additional instructions:
To complete the setups here requires existing familiarity with HTTPS / TLS / SSL / X.509 certificates, Nginx, virtual hosting, and Linux. Both Hudu’s framework and included use of Docker only somewhat further complicates this setup, which is what I’ll focus on here. On the Hudu server:
- Place an acceptable certificate for “hudu-api.example.com” under /var/www/hudu/config/keys , e.g. hudu-api.crt and hudu-api.key.
- Create a new site configuration file under /var/www/hudu2/config/keys , e.g. hudu-api.example.com.conf .
- Use https://self-hosting.usehudu.com/custom_ssl/default (from the above link) as a template for this file, but remove everything above and below the middle “server” block.
- Change the “server_name _;” within this block to the “override” that will be used for this configuration, e.g. “server_name hudu-api.company.com;”.
- Update the “ssl_certificate” and “ssl_certificate_key” lines to point to the respective certificate files:
- Restart nginx:
sudo docker compose restart nginx
- If there is an Intermediate Certificate Authority for the SSL Certificate, ensure you follow the instructions from your SSL Certificate provider on implementing the certificate properly in Linux/Docker
- Use the SSL Certificate Diagnostic Utility provided by Digicert https://www.digicert.com/help/ to confirm that the SSL Certificate you are using is valid.
After completing these steps if you are still having challenges with getting your On Premise/Self Hosted version of Hudu integrating with Quickpass, please reach out to our support department for additional troubleshooting steps. firstname.lastname@example.org