- Tenant is Enabled with Quickpass Password Manager
- Tenant has QDesk, QGuard, or the Bundle Account Plan
- Login Role has access to the Customer and the Password Access Group has not limited the Login Role's Access to the Password Entry (see https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/5414744454295-Quickpass-Password-Vault-Security for instructions for limiting access to a Password Entry)
- Customers created in Quickpass Dashboard https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035206574-How-to-Create-New-Customer
- Passwords are stored in the Quickpass Password Vault
A Password Entry can be shared outside of the Quickpass Password Manager if desired. A link to the Password value (including the OTP (MFA), if available and desired) can be sent via any communication tool.
- Click the Customer you want to share a Password Entry for.
- Click the Passwords Link on the left side of the screen
Note: Engineer and HelpDesk Login Roles will be able to see the Password Entries unless the Password Security has been altered to prevent them from seeing it. Review https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/5414744454295-Quickpass-Password-Vault-Security for additional Details. Primary/Super, and Manager Roles have access to all Password Entries.
- You can search for the Account Display name if known or you can scroll through the list.
- If you search for an account the returned results will be displayed
- Click on the Password Entry Display Name to view the Password Entry
- Find the Current Password Section
- Click the Share Password button
- The Share Password Dialogue box will Appear
- Expires in - This Dropdown box dictates how long the password would be visible to the recipient of the password link.
- Message - this is a Text box that you can fill in, if desired, to share additional details for the Password Entry
- Include Username - check this box if you want to include the Username in the Shareable Link results
- Include OTP - check this box if the One-Time Password (MFA) needs to be shared as well. This will ONLY be visible if the Password Entry has a One Time Password configured and saved.
- Expire after 1st View - check this box if you want the password link to expire after the 1st view of the Password.
Note: This password will be visible as long as the page remains open and the Expiration timer has not passed. Refreshing the page or clicking the link again will not allow the password to be visible any longer.
- Click the Create Button once all options you desire are selected.
- A "Share Link" will be generated and the Copy Link button can be used to copy this to the local Clipboard.
- Share this link via any communication tool.
- When the link is viewed, your company name will be shown at the top, the Account Display Name, the Account Name (if selected), and the Password Value will be visible. The time that the link will be visible is shown to the recipient as well as an indicator to advise them if the password link will expire after the first viewing.
Please sign in to leave a comment.