Quickpass Password Vault Security Options
With the introduction of the Quickpass Password Vault update as of April 2022, we have introduced new security options available for Password Entries.
- Tenant is Enabled with Quickpass Password Manager
- Tenant has QDesk, QGuard, or the Bundle Account Plan
- Primary, Super, or Manager Login Role Credentials may alter Password Access Security
- Customers created in Quickpass Dashboard https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035206574-How-to-Create-New-Customer
- Passwords are stored in the Quickpass Password Vault
- By Default a Login Role with access to a Customer will be able to see account passwords for the areas of the Dashboard that they have access to. (See Login Roles for details)
- New Password Vault Feature - Unlinked Passwords will be available to all Login Roles until Security is Adjusted.
Securing Account Passwords
- A Primary or Super Login Role will need to create a Group in order to secure a password.
NOTE: Only Engineer or Helpdesk Login Roles may be added to a Group
- Click on Login Management
- Click on the Configuration Drop Down and select Group Management
- Click Add New Group
- Type in a Name of the Group that you want to create. (Ex. Login Role, or the type of Password that you want to secure (Website etc)
- Select the Existing Login Roles you want to add to that Group.
- Click Add to finish creating the Group
- Repeat the process for all the Group Types that you wish to create.
- Existing Groups that have been created can be modified to add additional or remove existing Login Roles as required.
Securing the Password Entry
- Click the Customer you want to modify the Password Access to.
- Click the Passwords Link on the left side of the screen
- Click the Specific Password you wish to modify the Password Access to.
NOTE: At the time of the creation of this KB Article, Password Entries must be modified individually. Future releases of this Feature will allow bulk modification.
- Existing Security Groups that have access to view the password will be shown in the lower portion of the screen.
- Click the Edit Button in the top right corner
- Find the Security Section of the Password Entry in the lower portion of the Password Entry
- Change the Radio Button to "Restrict by Security Group" and click the Add/Edit Groups link
- Put the checkmark in box for the Group(s) you wish to HAVE ACCESS to the password. Click Select.
- NOTE: Login Roles that do NOT have access to the Password Entry will NOT be able to see the Account on the Dashboard or via the ConnectWise POD integration (for End User Accounts).