- You have created a new Quickpass customer manually with account type Office 365 https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035206574-How-to-Create-New-Customer
- Alternatively, you have imported an IT Glue organization into Quickpass as type Office 365 https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035649393-IT-Glue-Integration-Setup-Guide
- This article is for Azure / Office 365 tenants using cloud only accounts. If you are setup in a hybrid environment between Active Directory and Azure / Office 365 this article does not apply.
1. Locate the Quickpass customer you will use to connect to your Azure / Office 365 tenant account.
2. Click the Connect button on the right hand of the Quickpass customer.
You will now be directed to a Microsoft Login Page.
3. Select or enter the email address associated with the Office 365 Global Admin account you use for your customers tenant account. Then type the password and select Sign In.
4. Click Accept button to approve the permissions requested by Quickpass.
You will now be re-directed back to the Quickpass Customer screen.
5. Click the Go to Azure Portal Button to provide Quickpass with a second set of permissions that will allow the resetting of Azure / Office 365 passwords to Quickpass app.
6. In the azure portal go to Azure Active Directory, Click on Roles and administrators. Type in Global Administrator in the Search box. Click on Global Administrator under Role.
7. In the Global Administrator - Assignments window click Add Assignments button.
8. Type "Quickpass" in the Select box then select the Quickpass application entry and click the Add button.
9. Return back to the Quickpass web admin console and click Go to User List button in the new Office 365 Customer in Quickpass.
You can now start to on-board Office 365 / Azure users in Quickpass. Password reset functionality must wait until propagation of these permissions have taken affect in Office 365 / Azure. This may take up to 15 mins to complete.
- We recommend you disable the built-in Azure / Office 365 password expiry notification options to reduce confusion for end-users by getting notifications from Quickpass and Office 365.
- The first release of Azure / Office 365 cloud only accounts with Quickpass supports self-serve password resets only. Auto password rotation for Azure / Office 365 admin accounts will be available on a subsequent release.
- The only property that can be changed from the Azure / Office 365 cloud only account password policy is days until passwords expire. The remaining Office 365 password policies cannot be changed for cloud only accounts.