This article outlines a process in CW Automate that allows you to track and monitor the unique identifier assigned to the QP Agent.
Once implemented, you can easily filter your machines in CW Automate to pull up all that are linked to a specific QP Agent ID.
1. Navigate to Automation > Choose folder of choice > Add
2. Adjust script name and description as desired
3. Select Global Variables and create a new variable with the name 'registryLocation' and the value of the registry key location where the QP Agent GUID is stored on the target machine (shown below):
- Variable value - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Quickpass Identifier\Quickpass Agent Id\QpUniqueAgentId
4. Configure the script as shown below and Save
- Note: You may click into Line 4 and change the ExtraDataField from FriendlyName to whichever ExtraDataField you would like the QP Agent GUID to be stored in.
5. Navigate to the desired target machine and click Scripts > Drill down to find the new script
- Note: If you want to run this script on a schedule, select Schedule Recurrence and schedule as desired.
6. After the script has ran successfully, the QP Agent GUID will be displayed on the Computers screen in the FriendlyName column (or in whichever ExtraDataField you defined if Line 4 was changed in the script), allowing you to quickly filter by Agent ID to pull up all machines that are linked to a specific QP Agent ID
- You may use the 'cog' icon to adjust which columns display and the order of the columns