This article outlines a process in CW Automate that allows you to quietly monitor the Quickpass Server Agent service running on a host machine(s) so that you are alerted if the service stops running and is unable to restart.
Note: This CW Automate script can be set to run on a schedule of your choosing (1 day, 1 week, etc.) so that the monitor runs in the background automatically and you are only alerted when there is an issue with a host machine's Quickpass Server Agent service.
1. Navigate to Automation > Choose folder of choice > Add
2. Adjust script name and description as desired
3. Configure the script as shown below and Save
- Note: Edit the email in Line 11 to your desired email address for receiving alerts)
Log Messages on Line 7 and 10 are optional:
- Line 7: Service - Quickpass Server Agent - successfully running on target machine: %ComputerName% | Company: %ClientName%
- Line 10: Service - Quickpass Server Agent - failed to run on Machine: %ComputerName% | Company: %ClientName%
4. Navigate to the desired target machine and click Scripts > Drill down to find the new script
- Note: If you want to run this script on a schedule, select Schedule Recurrence and schedule as desired.
5. Script log will indicate if the Quickpass Server Agent service is running (this will not alert you, it is strictly for logging purposes)
6. If the Quickpass Server Agent service is NOT running, the script log will note that and an alert email (defined in Line 11 of the script) will be sent to the address defined in the script.
7. Example email below