We've upgraded the permissions behavior of the Just-In-Time Administrator accounts feature.
We are changing the functionality of one of the JIT access options:
Restrict to Primary, Super and Manager roles only
Restrict to primary, super and roles
How this will affect you
If you have chosen the option Restrict to Primary, Super and Manager roles only and you have Manager role users that need access to the Just-in-time feature, you will need to follow the following steps to add your managers back to the feature:
- Navigate to Login Management > Configuration > Group Management > Add New Group > Select all the Managers and other privileged technicians that need access to the feature.
- Navigate to the settings page and click the "Disable" button in the "Just-in-time Accounts" section
- Click the disable button on the warning pop-up. We understand that you may be worried about turning this off. No accounts will be deleted in this process, and you will be re-applying to a group to give all technicians access back to the feature and their JIT accounts.
- Click "Enable" in the "Just-in-time Accounts" section.
- Re-specify the Security groups you want to give access to your technicians.
- This time in the "Select Access" section. Click the radio button for "Restrict by Login Groups".
- Click "Add/Edit Group" and add the new group you just created. Then scroll back up to the top and save your changes.
By actioning these steps, your Managers will be given access back to the Just-in-time feature. You will also have the added bonus to prevent adding specific managers who do not need access to the feature.