Description of Issue
- Systems Affected: Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.
- The server agent shows as offline in the web admin console
- The Quickpass Server Agent windows service is stopped in Start -> Run -> services.msc. If you start the service manually it stops right away.
- In the windows system event viewer you see event ID 7031 many times with description "The Quickpass Server Agent service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this X time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service."
- Password rotations fail
- Self-serve password resets fail
The issue is causes by an inconsistency between the local cache of the Quickpass user database and Active Directory causing an un-handled exception.
Quickpass has released a hotfix for this issue that resolves the cases that cause the local cache inconsistencies between Quickpass and Active Directory. Follow the instructions below to apply the hotfix.
- Download server agent version 1.6.2 which includes a hotfix for this issue. Follow the guides below to generate the latest version of the server agent and to install.
- Uninstall the older Quickpass server agent from Program & Features.
- Install server agent version 1.6.2