Description of Issue
- Systems Affected: Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.
- The server agent shows as offline in the web admin console
- The Quickpass Server Agent windows service is stopped in Start -> Run -> services.msc. If you start the service manually it stops right away.
- In the windows system event viewer you see event ID 7031 many times with description "The Quickpass Server Agent service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this X time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service."
- Password rotations fail
- Self-serve password resets fail
In some cases after installing the below update for .NET Framework or the related update for your version of Windows Server with the Quickpass server agent installed.
- 2020-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows Server 2019 x64 (KB4535101)
- Uninstall the Quickpass server agent from Program & Features.
- Reinstall the Quickpass server agent using your previous installer.
Note: Running a repair on the installation does not resolve the issue.