- Ensure that your IT Glue plan allows you access to the IT Glue API.
Enable IT Glue Integration
1. As an IT Glue Administrator, log in to IT Glue and navigate to Account > Settings.
2. In the Custom API Keys section, click + to create a new custom API.
3. Type in a name for the API Key such as Quickpass-Integration, click the Password Access checkbox, and then click the Generate API Key button.
4. Copy the newly generated API key.
5. Log in to the Quickpass admin website at https://admin.getquickpass.com using your Quickpass Administrator account.
6. Click Integrations in the left-hand menu.
7. In the Integrations page, click the IT Glue logo. You will be prompted to enter the API key you created earlier in IT Glue. Paste in the API key and select a Cloud Zone based on the location your IT Glue account is located in (either US Cloud (United States) or EU Cloud (European Union).
8. Click Connect to complete the process.
After the API for IT Glue is connected to Quickpass, you can begin to either import IT Glue organizations to create new Quickpass customers or match existing Quickpass customers with IT Glue organizations.
IT Glue Integration Options
- If you have never used Quickpass and have no pre-existing Quickpass customers, proceed to Option 1 – Import IT Glue Organizations as New Quickpass Customers.
- If you have preexisting Quickpass customers, proceed to Option 2 - Matching IT Glue Organizations to Existing Quickpass Customers.
Option 1 - Import IT Glue Organizations as New Quickpass Customers
1. In Quickpass, click Integrations in the left-hand menu.
2. Click the IT Glue logo and then + Import Customers in the top-right corner.
3. Select the Account type for the import. Choose Active Directory for a customer that has an on-premise Active Directory deployment or a hybrid deployment of Active Directory and Office 365. Alternatively, if your customer uses Azure/Office 365 cloud only accounts then you should choose Office 365 as the account type for the import.
Note: For hybrid environments of on-premise Active Directory and Azure/Office 365 its assumed Active Directory Connect is used to sync passwords between on-premise AD and Azure/Office 365.
If you wish to import IT Glue organizations for both Active Directory and Office 365 you must run two separate imports and select the appropriate account type for each import.
4. In the Import Customers page, click to select all the IT Glue organizations that you would like to import. Then, click Add in the top-left corner to complete the action.
5. Once the organizations are imported, they will appear on the Quickpass Customers page.
You can view the status of linked IT Glue Organizations with Quickpass Customers, navigate to Integrations > Select IT Glue.
Part B - Downloading and Installing the Server Agent on the Active Directory Server
2. Then return to this article and proceed to the section titled Import Admin Users from Active Directory Server in Quickpass.
Part C - Setting up Office 365 (Cloud Only Accounts)
1. If you wish to setup an Office 365 cloud only account follow this KB article https://support.getquickpass.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039678373-How-to-Connect-a-Azure-Office-365-tenant-to-Quickpass-Customer
Note: Skip this step if you only have Active Directory or hybrid systems that use AD Connect.
Option 2 - Matching IT Glue Organizations to Existing Quickpass Customers
1. Click Integrations in the left-hand menu and then click the IT Glue logo in the Integrations page.
2. Click the MATCH CUSTOMERS button on the top-right of the screen.
3. Drag the IT Glue organizations from the left-hand side over to the corresponding Quickpass Customer on the right-hand side. The organization will turn green in the IT Glue Customer column.
4. When done click the Back to IT Glue Customers link in the top left of the screen.
You will now see the linked IT Glue organizations with Quickpass Customers on the Customers page.
Import Admin Users from Active Directory Server in Quickpass
1. Select the Customer you wish to import admin users from in the Customers screen.
2. Click Admin Users on the left-hand menu.
3. Click + IMPORT USERS in the top-right corner.
4. Select the Organizational Unit (OU) where your admin user(s) are located in Active Directory.
Note: Only OU's with user objects will appear on this screen.
5. Select the Admin users from Active Directory that you want to import into Quickpass.
6. Click Add in the top-left corner to import the users
7. Click Admin Users in the left-hand menu to see the Admin users that you just imported.
8. Now that the Active Directory Admin users have been imported into Quickpass, you can link them to IT Glue Admin users.
9. Click the Connect Users button in the Admin Users screen.
10. In the Connect Admin Users page, drag the IT Glue Admin user on the left-hand side to the corresponding Quickpass Admin user on the right-hand side. The organization will turn green in the IT Glue Customer column.
12. When done, click the Back to User List link in the top-left corner.
13. Back in the Admin Users screen you will notice the IT Glue icon under the Integrations column showing that the admin user is connected to an IT Glue password entry.
Resetting Admin User Passwords in Quickpass with Auto Update in IT Glue
1. Select the desired customer you wish to reset an admin password for.
2. Click Admin Users in the left-hand menu.
3. On the Admin user that you wish to change the password for, click the vertical ellipsis (…) and click Reset Password.
4. Type the newly password in the Reset Password window then click RESET.
A confirmation message will appear confirming that the password was successfully reset. In the event the password did not meet the password requirements, you will receive an error message and will have to try again using another password.
After the password is reset in Quickpass, this will reset the admin password in Active Directory. Once a password change has been synced over to IT Glue through the integration, a revision history item is added within IT Glue.
Setup Password Rotation with IT Glue