- Ensure that your IT Glue plan allows you access to the IT Glue API.
Enable IT Glue Integration
1. As an IT Glue Administrator, log in to IT Glue and navigate to Account > Settings.
2. In the Custom API Keys section, click + to create a new custom API.
3. Type in a name for the API Key such as Quickpass-Integration, click the Password Access checkbox, and then click the Generate API Key button.
4. Copy the newly generated API key.
5. Log in to the Quickpass admin website at https://admin.getquickpass.com using your Quickpass Administrator account.
6. Click Integrations in the left-hand menu.
7. In the Integrations page, click the IT Glue logo. You will be prompted to enter the API key you created earlier in IT Glue. Paste in the API key and select a Cloud Zone based on the location your IT Glue account is located in (either US Cloud (United States) or EU Cloud (European Union).
8. Click Connect to complete the process.
After the API for IT Glue is connected to Quickpass, you can begin to either import IT Glue organizations to create new Quickpass customers or match existing Quickpass customers with IT Glue organizations.
IT Glue Integration Options
- If you have never used Quickpass and have no pre-existing Quickpass customers, proceed to Option 1 – Import IT Glue Organizations as New Quickpass Customers.
- If you have preexisting Quickpass customers, proceed to Option 2 - Matching IT Glue Organizations to Existing Quickpass Customers.
Option 1 - Import IT Glue Organizations as New Quickpass Customers
1. In Quickpass, click Integrations in the left-hand menu.
2. Click the IT Glue logo and then + Import Customers in the top-right corner.
3. In the Import Customers page, click to select all the IT Glue organizations that you would like to import. Then, click Add in the top-left corner to complete the action.
4. Once the organizations are imported, they will appear on the Quickpass Customers page.
You can view the status of linked IT Glue Organizations with Quickpass Customers, navigate to Integrations > Select IT Glue.
Part B - Generating and Downloading the Server Agent for the Active Directory Server
You now need to install the Quickpass server agent on the customer’s Active Directory server.
1. Click the down arrow in the Active Directory Download
2. Click Generate button to build a new server agent installer. This process may take about 20 seconds please be patient.
3. When the installer is finished building, click Downloadto download the agent to the Active Directory Server.
4. Once the download is complete, you can begin the installation.
Part C - Installing the Server Agent on the Active Directory Server
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.X must be installed. It can be downloaded using this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4054530/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-offline-installer-for-windows
- Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.
- Server agent must be installed on an Active Directory Domain Controller.
1. Right-click the downloaded installer from Part B and select Run as Administrator.
- The exact name of the installer will be different for every customer and installer generated.
- You may receive a warning from Windows Defender asking for authorization to run the installer. In this case click More Info then Run anyway after. If user account control is enabled, click Allow to continue.
- Depending on the Anti-Virus or Endpoint Security solution you have on the Active Directory server you may also need to add the installer as an exception if it attempts to block the install.
2. Click Install in the WinRAR self-extracting archive window.
3. Click Next to initiate the setup wizard.
4. Continue to click Next to complete the setup wizard.
5. Click Install when prompted.
6. Click Finish to complete the installation.
7. Refresh the web page on the web admin console to verify that the server agent is checking in. Under the Status column you will see a green dot icon next to Online.
Note: The Quickpass process is setup as a Windows Service called Quickpass Server Agent.
Option 2 - Matching IT Glue Organizations to Existing Quickpass Customers
1. Click Integrations in the left-hand menu and then click the IT Glue logo in the Integrations page.
2. Click the MATCH CUSTOMERS button on the top-right of the screen.
3. Drag the IT Glue organizations from the left-hand side over to the corresponding Quickpass Customer on the right-hand side. The organization will turn green in the IT Glue Customer column.
4. When done click the Back to IT Glue Customers link in the top left of the screen.
You will now see the linked IT Glue organizations with Quickpass Customers on the Customers page.
Import Admin Users from Active Directory Server in Quickpass
1. Select the Customer you wish to import admin users from in the Customers screen.
2. Click Admin Users on the left-hand menu.
3. Click + IMPORT USERS in the top-right corner.
4. Select the Organizational Unit (OU) where your admin user(s) are located in Active Directory.
Note: Only OU's with user objects will appear on this screen.
5. Select the Admin users from Active Directory that you want to import into Quickpass. Be sure to click the toggle switch in the Admin column to indicate that these are Admin users.
6. Click Add in the top-left corner to import the users
7. Click Admin Users in the left-hand menu to see the Admin users that you just imported.
8. Now that the Active Directory Admin users have been imported into Quickpass, you can link them to IT Glue Admin users. Return to the Customer List page then click Integrations.
9. Click the IT Glue logo and select the linked IT Glue organization you wish to link the Admin users to IT Glue’s passwords.
10. Click + CONNECT ADMIN USERS in the top-right corner.
11. In the Connect Admin Users page, drag the IT Glue Admin user on the left-hand side to the corresponding Quickpass Admin user on the right-hand side. The organization will turn green in the IT Glue Customer column.
12. When done, click the Back to IT Glue Customers link in the top-left corner.
You will now see the Quickpass Admin user and the connected IT Glue Admin user in the Admin Users page.
Resetting Admin User Passwords in Quickpass with Auto Update in IT Glue
1. Select the desired customer you wish to reset an admin password for.
2. Click Admin Users in the left-hand menu.
3. On the Admin user that you wish to change the password for, click the vertical ellipsis (…) and click Reset Password.
4. Type the newly password in the Reset Password window then click RESET.
A confirmation message will appear confirming that the password was successfully reset. In the event the password did not meet the password requirements, you will receive an error message and will have to try again using another password.
After the password is reset in Quickpass, this will reset the admin password in Active Directory. Once a password change has been synced over to IT Glue through the integration, a revision history item is added within IT Glue.